But I do love Hummus. Hummus on Pita, Hummus on Bread Sticks, Hummus on a Sandwich, Hummus on a Cracker, Hummus on a Wheat Thin (never on a Triscuit), Hummus on a Carrot Stick. I love hummus! The act of blending it, submitting it to smoothness, making it do as I say, telling it to take in as much oil as I want, adding raw garlic, adding salt, more salt, more garlic, more oil, a spoonful of tahini. Chickpeas do what I say and become Hummus. Chickpeas will no longer be hated because they know what is good for them and they became Hummus. I’ve never met a chickpea that disobeyed and IF you ever do, send it my way, I know just what to do.
Better yet, let me tell you what and how to make chickpeas submit into creamy euphoria. Because the simple act of blending them is not enough, you have to add the magic ingredient to make them amazing:
After happily receiving some samples from Once Again, I made this hummus and rejoiced. You all know I love my bacon fat, my butter, my bread. So, when health foods come my way, I am doubtful. But this tahini could easily be whipped with some spices and served as a dip all on its own or spread on a chicken and roast. Heck! Whip it into bacon fat (and tell me about it!)
It does separate after sitting in the jar, but all natural butters do so this is nothing to worry about. Just give it a good stir! You could add this to sauces, coat veggies and roast them, spread it on sandwiches (whip some into cream cheese!) or make hummus. Today, we make hummus!
- Throw everything BUT the oil in the food processor. Blend and start adding the oil. I’ve suggested 1/2 cup, but eyeball it to your preference. Some prefer a thinner version of hummus, some prefer a thicker version. Do what your heart tells you to do.
- Taste! Season with salt and pepper. Taste again. Re-season. Taste one more time just to make sure.
- Serve in a bowl and make a well around it. Drizzle with olive oil (the good kind!) and sprinkle a dash of Paprika. Enjoy!
- Cashew Pesto Hummus by Gabriela from Une Vie Saine
- Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus by Ashley over at The Shine Project
Connect with Once Again Nut Butters and next week we’ll be hosting a GIVEAWAY, as well as sharing another recipe and more information on this great company! Stay Tuned!
Visit their website: http://www.onceagainnutbutter.com/
Tweet them @OnceAgainCoop
Like them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OnceAgainNutButter
Disclaimer: Once Again provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. All opinions are my own.