A bacon-loving baker. That’s what I am. Seriously, I save bacon fat for later use in rices and pastas. So, why am I lately on this “health” kick? Granola, Sexy Muffins and now another version of a muffin? What’s next? Ordering SALADS in restaurants?! No way. This needs to stop. In the meantime, check out this sexy muffin. Although not gluten-free, it only has 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (the other 1/2 cup is oat flour), so it could easily be adapted. If you adapt it to GF, please do share!
|Why is this a square muffin if it was baked in a round cupcake pan? Why? Beats me.|
Yield: 10 small muffins
2 tablespoons margarine
1 egg, from backyard
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup whole milk (or alternative)
1/4 cup pumpkin butter (from a jar!)
1/4 cup sweeten coconut in syrup (from a can!)
black sesame seeds
golden flax seeds
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and rest of ingredients.
- In a small bowl, stir together pumpkin and coconut. This is your baked in filling.
- Line muffin tine with liners and fill halfway with batter. Add a tablespoon of pumpkin/coconut filling.
- Top with more muffin batter. Sprinkle with mix of seeds and cinnamon.
- Bake until golden brown and done. I’ve become a fan of under-baking muffins. Muffins tend to be dry and crumbly; I prefer mine moist. So I bake them for less than 15 minutes, remove them from oven and leave in hot pan for 5 more minutes. This gives me moist, delicious muffins!
|Undressing muffins and cupcakes is the only action I get!(And might I add, the only action I WANT until I get to see M!)|
Muffin Love is inherently related to Muffin Tops (Seinfeld anyone?), so check out these links for real muffin love:
Strawberry Muffins from Thou Must Live and Eat!
Prize Winning Corn-Blueberry Muffins by Cafe Terra
Banana-Cranberry-Oatmeal Muffins over at Big Fat Baker