Peach Banana Bread will instantly become a favorite treat for the summer! Bump up the flavor of your classic banana bread by adding sweet peaches to the mix, and topping it with fresh peach slices.
When it comes to banana bread, I am slowly making as many varieties as possible. Whether it’s my popular Chia Seed Banana Bread, Date Banana Bread, or Quinoa Pear Banana Bread, any way to eat banana bread is my favorite!
As I was walking by the produce aisles at the grocery store, the intoxicating smell of peaches captivated me and I grabbed a couple to take home.
I had no clue what I would make, but I wanted something simple and sweet, thus this Peach Banana Bread was born!
There aer sweet, juicy, chopped peaches in the batter, and thin peach slices gracing the top of this quick banana bread. It’s a simple way to elevate the classic recipe and bring it into the summer season. Eat this quickly as you’re leaving for work in the morning, or grill slices of it and top with a mint infused whipped cream, to serve as dessert for your guests.
It can go either way, but I’m sure you’ll enjoy both versions!
Here’s the peach banana bread recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup Stonyfield Greek Yogurt
- 2 peaches, pitted and sliced in wedges
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut oil, mashed bananas, and yogurt. Add the dry ingredients to this mixture and incorporate, without over-mixing.
- Pour batter into greased pan and top with peach slices. Bake for 30-45 minutes until golden brown.