Spicy sweet sriracha sesame wings are tender, juicy, a little bit sweet and a whole lot spicy. Let this chicken wing recipe take your appetizer platter to the next level.
If there’s one recipe that awards me the “Wife of the Year” award, it’s chicken wings. Even better if they are these spicy sweet sriracha sesame wings! My husband loves them just as much as he loves me (if not more?!).
Well, I’m hoping he loves me more than he loves wings but damn does he loves wings! When I made him the Honey Glazed Cilantro Lime Wings a couple months ago, he licked this fingers and proclaimed them a winner. But then he tasted these Sriracha-glazed wings with a touch of sweetness and knew that this wing recipe was a winner!
Can we talk about Sriracha for a little bit? Sure it was a trend a couple of years ago, found on every table at restaurants and shops. Now, it’s really not even a trend but a steadfast condiment just like ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise. Mainstream culture has come to accept it not only into their sandwiches, but slathered, spread, and squirted onto almost every single recipe possible! To prove my point, here are some incredibly creative recipes using the spicy condiment:
- Sriracha Lime Chicken Skillet by Running to the Kitchen
- Sriracha Popcorn by Around My Family Table
- Sriracha Guacamole by Damn Delicious
- Honey Sriracha Orange Chicken by Recipe Girl
- Beer Battered Fish Tacos with Sriracha Mayo by Jessica in the Kitchen
- Deviled Eggs with Garlic Toast Crumb Topping by A Farmgirl’s Dabbles
- Sriracha Shrimp Skewers by Handle the Heat
I hope you love these spicy sweet sriracha sesame chicken wings as much as my husband and I do!
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons sriracha (or more!)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, toss wings with sesame oil, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Arrange in one layer on a greased baking sheet.
- While wings are baking, in a small saucepan, whisk together all the sauce ingredients for 5 minutes.
- Bake wings until golden brown (about 45 minutes, flipping them halfway).
- Once out of the oven, toss in sauce.
- Serve with extra sesame seeds sprinkled on top