Brown butter and fresh sage take ordinary roast chicken for a ride to Flavortown in this delicious brown butter sage chicken dinner recipe!
The fall season is upon us, and with that, the change of flavors and spices we cook with. Long gone are the days of fresh basil and tomatoes, because now we’re making way for aromatic herbs like sage.
Here we are again with another fall inspired dinner idea that isn’t the same old boring chicken recipe. Aren’t you exhausted of the same recipes? Personally, I like to keep things simple: a couple of key ingredients and a great protein is all I need for a delicious chicken recipe.
This Brown Butter Sage Chicken recipe is just that – basically, the title includes almost all the ingredients, with the addition of a little garlic for flavor! This is the perfect chicken recipe for when you want to impress at a dinner party or just need a quick meal on the table during the week.
And the best part? The butter browns all by itself with no need for baby-sitting it on the stove top – as the chicken bakes, the sage butter slowly melts and browns at its own pace. Once the skin on the chicken is crispy and the meat cooked, you can baste it with the aromatic and flavorful sage butter. A win-win situation for everyone!
Serve this brown butter sage chicken over maple glazed carrots!
- 2 chicken breasts with skin on
- 2 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, sage, and garlic.
- Slather the butter mixture underneath and over the chicken skin. (The butter will melt and brown in the oven, which you will use to baste the chicken before serving!)
- Season liberally with salt and pepper on both sides and roast in the oven for 25 minutes, until fully cooked. Serve with maple glazed carrots or your vegetable of choice.