Family travel to Boston is a great way to celebrate the end of summer. Let me show you why you should take a family trip to the best city in the United States!
Disclosure: The generous folks over at the Sheraton Boston Hotel extended me a media rate for our family travel to Boston. Opinions and my love for the city of Boston are 100% my own. Photos credit of Sheraton Boston Hotel.
There’s no better time to visit the glorious city of Boston, Massachusetts than right now. As an end of summer celebration trip, a welcoming of the fall season, Boston is a sight not to be missed and if you’ve never been, now is the time. The summer crowds have gone home and the fall leaf peppers have yet to appear. Like I said, best time ever. And if you’re traveling to Boston, I recommend you stay at the Sheraton Boston Hotel.
Situated in the heart of the historic and charming Back Bay neighborhood, with the direct connection to the Hynes Convention Center, as well as the indoor skywalk connections to the 2 premier malls: Shops at Prudential and Copley Place, the Sheraton Boston Hotel is the ideal place to stay whether you’re there for business or pleasure.
The last time I was in Boston was with my entire family visiting from the Dominican Republic. The hubby went along, and we had the best time ever thanks to the accommodations of the Sheraton Boston Hotel. It’s always ideal to have a hotel during your family travel that makes you feel welcomed and relaxed after a long day of exploring the city, and this hotel does just that.
The hotel is walking distance to over 200 shops and restaurants, trendy Newbury Street, plus indoor skywalk connections to Shops at Prudential and Copley Place. Also in walking distance to some of Boston’s top attractions: Fenway Park, Copley Square, Boston Public Library, Museum of Fine Arts, the Charles River, Boston Common and many other acclaimed attractions.
The rooms at the Sheraton Boston Hotel are true bliss and we stayed in a suite that accommodated all four of us, plus for an extra fee of just $25, we brought in a cot for the one night my husband stayed with us! It was great to be able to spend so much time as a family together. Everything from brewing coffee in our personal Keurig for my mom and I before the boys woke up and we watched the sunrise from our hotel room, to the comfortable Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ beds with a plush mattress, luxe white linens and a cozy duvet, we were impressed with the details!
Another amenity we enjoyed as mother and daughter while at the hotel was their Green Tangerine Spa, a 5,500 square foot full service luxury spa located off the lobby. This hotel is the only Starwood Convention Collection Hotel in the U.S. to offer a full service spa, incredible! Pedicures and full facials were the services we tested out and oh dear, how amazing were they. The skilled staff made us feel welcomed and pampered, and we knew we were in expert hands. A must try if you’re looking to relax while on vacation.
One of my family’s favorite amenity was the Sheraton Club Lounge, with bright, breathtaking views.
The club lounge offers:
- complimentary continental breakfast.
- all-day snacks + beverages.
- evening hors d’oeuvres.
- computer, internet and printer access.
We took full advantage of the breakfast – perfect way to start the day before walking around the city, plus we used the printer and internet access to print tickets to baseball games we attended.
If you’re planning a family travel adventure to Boston this season, don’t forget to:
(click on the links for fun Instagram photos of our family travel!):
- Stay at the Sheraton Boston Hotel
- Start your mornings with a fancy Starbucks coffee
- Watch a Boston Red Sox Game
- Visit the Museum of Fine Arts
- Enjoy the Club lounge during the afternoon with cake & coffee
- Stroll by the MA State House
- Indulge in Boston’s best ice cream, JP Licks
- Have lunch at Jasper White’s Summer Shack (right across from the hotel!)
- Eat a mid-afternoon cookie from a food truck
Isn’t this a gorgeous view of Boston?! Book your family travel adventures today!
About the SPG Loyalty Program:
- Specific to Sheraton Boston, are the SPG discounts in our restaurants – SPG members get 20% off breakfast in Café Apropos, and 10% for Sidebar & Grille. The discount may rotate but there is always an offer. *Both restaurant menus feature classic New England fare.
- SPG + AMEX partnership: The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express allows you to earn an additional 2 Starpoints for every eligible dollar spent on top of the 2-3 points you would normally receive. Additionally, there is a 25,000 bonus offer for new card members which could be redeemed towards free night awards