This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Ragú® and Latina Bloggers Connect. As always, thank you for reading and supporting brands that let me bring you new and exciting content!
Today, I’m sharing quite possibly the best pasta recipe I’ve ever made. Actually not only the best, but the easiest, fastest one-pot pasta recipe that will have you craving for more!
When Ragú challenged me to make something #Saucesome, I know a one-pot pasta had to be created! Not only are the flavors of a one-pot pasta super concentrated, but the fact that there is only ONE POT to dirty makes for a happy husband (the official dishwasher in our home) . Ragú is recognizing and celebrating everything that makes family mealtime #Saucesome and one of my favorite things about mealtime is not only being able to share it with family, but with friends as well. Whenever I make a new recipe, I tend to bring it over to my neighbors – my second in-command taste testers (after the husband)!
The fun thing about our neighbors is that we live in a seasonal community on Martha’s Vineyard – so every year we get brand new neighbors! Crazy, huh? The best part is that we end up making more friends than we could ever in a lifetime. As soon as the new summer neighbors move in, I swing by around and introduce myself with either a baked good or a quick appetizer, to slowly introduce myself and what I do (cook, a lot!) Once they get a feel for me, I’ll text them randomly at different times of the day: “Want a dozen cookies I test today?” – “Have you cooked dinner? STOP! I have tons of food for you!” – “Are you hungry? Come over!” This time, I was the one to visit and bring them a container of this amazing pasta alongside a small loaf of bread – and once I arrived, they opened a bottle of wine and we had an impromptu dinner party!
Ragú® has the Authentic Italian taste, families love with a variety of great tasting, quick and easy to make family favorite recipes. In this recipe, the Ragú® Old World Style® Marinara Sauce is the perfect sauce to cook the pasta in – the classic Italian flavors work well with the chicken and vegetables, and the fresh cilantro at the end adds a pop of brightness!
One-pot recipes are fantastic for weeknights when you don’t have time to cook but still want to serve your family a delicious, home-cooked meal. Serve this One-Pot Creamy Chicken & Vegetable Pasta with a salad of mixed greens and your meal will be on the table in less than 20 minutes!
For even quicker meals, some tips:
- Always have Ragú® sauces on hand – they make mealtime a cinch because you don’t have to spend hours cooking and simmering a sauce. Ragú® does that for you!
- Once a week, I like to poach chicken breasts in water with garlic cloves and a bay leaf. Once cooked, I shred them and portion them into plastic bags, which I then freeze. Adding protein to your meals just got easier!
- Have evaporated milk on hand – since it’s canned, it won’t go bad as fast as regular milk, plus it adds the perfect creaminess to pasta dishes!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, quarted
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Marinara Sauce
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ pound rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast, cooked
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- In a large non-stick saucepan, sauté the butter, garlic, onions, tomatoes, peppers, and mushrooms for about 5 minutes until soften.
- Add the Ragu sauce, water, and pasta. Stir and cover for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove cover and add chicken breast, evaporated milk, and cilantro. Stir and cover once more for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Make sure to visit the Ragú® Saucesome sweepstakes for a chance to win a variety of #Saucesome prizes and visit Facebook.com/RaguSauce for additional tasty recipe ideas! Love pinning? Check out Pinterest.com/ragusauce for additional recipe mash-ups and recipe ideas and follow Ragú® on Twitter @RaguSauce and #Saucesome – the hashtag is filled with great recipe ideas for the family!
This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Ragú® and Latina Bloggers Connect. However, all opinions expressed are my own.