For those of you that follow me on Facebook, you know that I gave up all caffeine for Lent, including coffee, chocolate, and Coca-Cola! As a celebration that Lent is over and Easter Sunday is here, we’re giving away a Starbucks Verismo Brewer thanks to the generous people at Staples!
I decided to give up all caffeine for Lent on a last minute, spur of the moment decision. More for personal reasons than anything, I needed to give up something that I really loved and that one thing is COFFEE. Coming from a Caribbean island that revolves around producing, harvesting, and consuming massive amounts of coffee on a daily basis, I didn’t think I could do it. But it’s Easter Sunday and I’ve made it.
Thankfully, before Lent began, I had a chance to test out the Starbucks® Verismo™ 580 Brewer, thanks to Staples and let me just tell you, it brews a stronger cup of coffee, amazing espressos, and can make frothy drinks like lattes in a minute! Plus, I live on Martha’s Vineyard and Starbucks is close to non-existent, meaning there is a market that brews Starbucks but it’s not a full service Starbucks coffee shop. So this brewer helps me get my dose of Starbucks!
I’ve tried a variety of brewers and one of my biggest pet peeves with brewers are the ones that take way too long to heat up! I don’t want to wait too long for coffee in the morning and the Verismo doesn’t make me wait, plus it brews a HOT espresso shot quickly and easily. There are also milk pods available for those of you who love lattes and cappuccinos!
To me, coffee is more than the burst of energy you get from it – it’s a daily ritual that I adore and looked forward to during these past 40 days. Waking up and brewing my coffee is my time to reflect, to relax. During the afternoon, it’s the perfect pick me up. And after dinner, it’s the best way to end the day! My Starbucks® Verismo™ 580 Brewer has seriously become my best friend and today I celebrate Easter by sipping on coffee drinks all day!
- High-pressure brewing system heats up and is ready to make Starbucks-quality beverages in less than 15 seconds
- Integrated rinse function helps keep machine clean
- Height-adjustable drip tray accommodates different sized cups
- Auto-off activates after 5 minutes to save energy
- Easily removable water tank makes refilling simple
- Built-in used pod removal automatically moves up to 10 pods to storage for easy cleanup
- Easy to make plenty of your favorite drinks at home
- Enjoy everything from caffè lattes and espresso to brewed coffee. You can also use our milk pods for a rich, creamy hot cup of steamed milk
Disclaimer: Staples sent the Starbucks Verismo Brewer free of charge to facilitate this review and is sponsoring the giveaway. Opinions are 100% my own, as is my love for coffee.