Summer is all about grilling and this summer, thanks to the generous folks over at Blacktop 360, we had the opportunity to test out their grill. Here are the results! Let us know in the comments what your favorite kind of grill is.
The BlackTop 360 is a portable grill with fryer that will become your tailgating and grilling best friend! It’s composed of a grill, griddle, warming area, and fryer all in one! On our first time around using the grill, we grilled some local Italian sausage from The Farm Institute and fresh corn from Morning Glory Farm, along with a side of buttery, toasted rolls to stuff with lobster salad. We are seriously loving how many versatile items you can make on this grill top!
Let’s chat more about the features it has and what we loved about it:
- Deep Fryer, Infrared Grill, Griddle and integrated Warming Plate – different spaces to accomplish different things. In this post you won’t see us using the deep fryer but on the second grill-around, we deep-fried onion rings – perfect grilling snack! Oh and we also loved the small cutting board that you can attach to the grill top, great for tools and dishes.
- Independent temperature controls – while you’re grilling your sausage, it’s great to be able to warm up and toast bread buns!
- 650°F+ ceramic infrared grill burner – this is NOT a toy. It gets crazy hot and does the job!
- Super-durable double porcelain enamel cook surface – we’ve used it a couple of times in the past two months and it still looks like new.
- Portable with storage/carrying bag included – one of our favorite features! It’s currently tucked underneath the dining room table, unnoticeable to guest eyes!
- No assembly required – meaning someone like me (with NO clue on putting things together) can set it up and get it going in ten minutes or less!
One of our favorite ways to use the Blacktop 360? Grilled Pizzas! We used local store-bought pizza dough and topped with local sausage and tons of cheese. The crust was crisp and the toppings were perfectly melted into each other. The grill area achieves a charred crust and because you can control the temperature of the grill with a dial, you can start the pizza off on high heat to get the char and finish it on a slower setting to melt the toppings.
What to buy your own Blacktop 360? Be sure to check out their website, follow them on Twitter @Blacktop360, like them on Facebook, and check out their YouTube channel for more inspiration on summer grilling!
Disclosure: This product was sent for review purposes and was free of charge. We were under no obligation to write about it. Opinions and results are 100% our own.