Let’s start this last Monday of January with a simple and raw salad of two of my favorite things: cilantro and carrots. I justify all the bacon fat I consume by balancing it with dishes like this one, because certainly that the more carrots you eat, the healthier you are right?
If you’re not a fan of cilantro, you’ll hate this. I’d say make it with basil if you’d like, but the combination of the herbaceous cilantro and the sweet, crunchy carrot is unlike any other. Hoping some of my readers are both carrot and cilantro lovers.
This dressing is extremely easy to make and with ingredients I’m pretty sure you all have in your fridge and pantry right now. So make it as a side dish to your main meal or use it as a sandwich addition – whichever way you do, the flavors will definitely explode in your mouth!
A refreshing salad for every season!
- 4 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 handful cilantro, without the stems
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- pinch of grated fresh ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a box grater, grate carrots into medium bowl. Mince the cilantro and add to carrots.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, soy sauce, ginger, and salt and pepper.
- Toss dressing with carrots and cilantro. Serve cold.