Over at Virtual Potluck, we love our drinks and cocktails! Be it a non-alcoholic Pumpkin Spice Latte by Farmgirl Gourmet, a Creamy Hazelnut & Rum cocktail by Donna of Cookistry, or a Red Wine & Cherry Spritzer by Not Rachel Ray, we love any liquid libations.
So when we were contacted by The Lewis Bear Company to review a few of their beers, we were were pretty excited to drink up! Check out the links at the bottom of this post to visit other blogs and see what they made with the beer. The Lewis Bear Company is a beverage distributorship founded in 1876 that holds the regional franchise for Anheuser-Busch. The company is headquartered in Pensacola and maintains offices in DeFuniak Springs and Panama City. The current president is Lewis Bear, Jr.. –Wikipedia Page
With my beer, I decided to make a unique side dish by infusing jasmine rice with beer. It’s a perfect side dish for a quick weekday dinner, and you can make it for special occasions by adding some chopped roasted red peppers.
Victory Brewing Company’s Headwaters Pale Ale
Tasting Notes from the company: This firmly crispy and aromatically arousing pale ale integrates a softly supportive malt base with underlies streams of herbal hop complexity.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 1 cup Victory Brewing Company's Headwaters Pale Ale*
- season with: salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized pot and add rice and Sriracha.
- Saute until rice is coated with oil and hot sauce.
- Add beer and lower heat to medium low until 90% of the beer evaporates.
- Fluff with fork and cover pot for another 10 minutes, until all the beer has been absorbed.
- Serve as a side dish to soups, proteins, etc.
- *Note: Bottle of beer has enough for one cup plus a shot of beer for the cook!
Disclaimer: Lewis Bear Company provided the beer to develop this recipe, but as always, my opinions are 100% based on my personal testing.