Welcome to our Virtual gojee Potluck! While some of you were at the NYC for the Live gojee Potluck, someone had to stay home and hold down the Internet right? So here I am, blogging and eating, cooking and sharing this potluck dish that I made and would’ve loved to share with the gojee team and bloggers.
These Jalapeño & Bacon Bites are a spicy, sweet and savory treat that can be whipped up quickly and are quite addictive if I say so myself. Roasted Jalapeños mixed into cream cheese, topped with crispy bacon and a swirl of organic strawberry jam is all you’ll ever need at a potluck! It’s a great starter and gets guests talking, as their appetites are tickled with delight!
Roasting peppers not only breaks them down, but develops the sweetness inside of them perfectly. You can either roast peppers over a fire or place inside a 400F degree oven for 25-30 minutes, until tender.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place baguette slices on baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 15 minutes. Reserve.
- Turn the oven up to 400F degrees and place pepper in oven, rotating every 15 minutes to roast evenly on all sides. If doing so on a fire, this will go by quicker.
- Peel and de-seed pepper (careful to be wearing gloves depending on how spicy your pepper is!). Chop and add to cream cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook bacon in a cast-iron pan until crispy. Drain over napkin.
- To serve: Slather the roasted pepper spread on baguette slices, sprinkle with bacon and swirl in a bit of strawberry jam. Enjoy!