I made this recipe last summer on Martha’s Vineyard, with fresh, plump gorgeous berries. These muffins are baked AND have oats in them. Can you say double-health food?! I bet they’d be a great Easter Sunday snack!
Blueberries, of all fruits, have the highest capacity of destroying free radicals and including them in your diet is not only healthy, but delicious also! They are filled with antioxidants that will prevent certain cancers, make your skin glow and all around strengthen your immune system!
Antioxidant Blueberry Muffins
Yield: 6 Muffins
|The Center Picture: Banana and Chocolate Chip Pancake. Why is it there? No Clue!|
1 ½ cups organic, unbleached flour
¾ cup light brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup olive oil
1 large egg
1/3 cup skim milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup rolled-oats
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup white sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
½ tablespoon ground ginger
¼ cup butter, softened
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl, including blueberries. In a separate bowl whisk egg, oil, and milk.
3. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold together. Pour into prepared muffin tins with liners.
4. To make topping, hand mix all the ingredients until they resemble coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle over muffins.
5. Bake until golden brown on top.
6. Enjoy as a mid-day snack or a quick breakfast!